Hi again, friends:) I am now sitting in my apartment at college, almost three weeks after returning home from Nicaragua. Having processed quite a bit these past three weeks, I would now like to write a final post to share some "final" thoughts with you. And of course I want to thank you one last time for all of the love and support and prayers you have shown to me this summer (and not just this summer, but in every day of my life)!
I may not be drastically changed from living in Nicaragua for the past two months, but I am thankful that God has shown me just a bit more of Himself and what (or I should say who) he cares about...the people he has created and loves. By the grace of God I have come back just a bit more transformed by his Spirit.
The most powerful conviction the Holy Spirit pressed upon me this summer is this: we exist to make Christ more known in the world (Philippians 1:20-21). This means I am to use my passions, gifts, and opportunities to make him more known. So what are my passions and gifts? How do I want to passionately give my life to service for the Lord?
Through this reflection I realized that there is something missing in the direction my life is going. I was planning to graduate with a major in Spanish and then go on to study Public Health, but the Lord has put something even more on my heart. Medical school. I have decided to add pre-med classes to my Spanish major to prepare me for the MCAT so that I can apply for medical school. I have decided to study medicine and to combine that with further studies in public health/community development. I want to passionately give my life to helping underpriveleged people receive the medical counseling they need and deserve, and I want to do this within the context of community development. I am excited to see what God will do through this journey!
God gets the glory.
The end...well, not really:)
In Christ with love,
Sara
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We should talk, my friend!!
ReplyDelete-Megan Griwac