Today was a day of firsts for me...I took my first ride on a motorbike, I got to see a ¨chin-amera¨ dance, and I bought my first item at the market (a much needed fan). Let me tell you, riding on a motorbike is so much better than riding on a bus. You actually get some fresh air! Speaking of fresh air...my new fan. This is the first night thus far that I look forward to going to bed. I might be able to sleep through the whole night without tossing and turning in the heat:) It is actually cool outside at night, but my room has no windows!
I am getting more and more adjusted to the routine of things around here. I leave for the office with my host family at around 8:00am and spend part of the day there and part of the day in one of the many nearby communities. I return to the house with my family between 6:00 and 7:00, we eat a late supper and spend time together, and I am in bed by 10:00. Of course, activities are much different during the weekend...as I am soon to find out. I look forward to spending two full days together with my host family!
It has been such a joy getting to know my coworkers (oh how fun they are!), and I look forward to getting to know people in the various communities as well. I have 8 more weeks to do so:) I am still trying to figure out where I can be of most help, but it will come...with prayer and patience.
Friday, June 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Sara!
ReplyDeleteI hope the fan is serving you well! I know how much you love having a fan running even in the dead of winter :)
~Jayme